The Official 2018 TBR Pile Challenge hosted at RoofBeamReader.
The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2017 or later (any book published in the year 2016 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with the Mr. Linky below. Link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Books must be read and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
3. The link you post in the Mr. Linky below must be to your “master list” (see mine below). This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). Your complete and final list must be posted by January 15th, 2018.
4. Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back here if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2018 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published before 2017!
My 2018 TBR Pile Challenge List:
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
- Written in the Star by Aisha Saeed
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale
- Jane Steele by Lynsay Faye
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- The Martian by Andy Weir